Prove to me that Leprechauns don't exist

I believe in Leprechauns. I've never seen one personally, but I've read books about them, seen drawings and heard first hand accounts of their existance. I know if I believe enough, one will someday show me the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow as a reward.

Do you believe in Leprechauns? Why or why not?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't have to validate my faith to another

You personally do not. Anyone who takes it upon themselves to tell anyone else they are "wrong" or ignoring the "truth" (or going to hell, misled, etc etc etc) also takes it upon themselves to have to prove it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You can't prove something does not exist. The burden of proof is on those that believe. :o)
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Aha! Exaclty.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ye I DO I also believe in Vampires, Were wolfs, The Loch ness monster, Fairies, Ect. No joke not making fun. I believe in these things for the reason that it is a nice thing to be able to have a child like mind set and also because they can't prove it false but can prove it to be possible.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Existence is a matter of belief!
    I tell my SD (3), if you believe it, then it can be real.
    I think it's beautiful to hang on to the beliefs of childhood. In our house, leprechauns, unicorns, goblins, and dragons exist right along with Santa and the Easter Bunny.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I am an agnostic on the leprechaun question, but I would love to see proof they exist.

It would be nice to believe in them, such endearing little creatures, but so far in my experience that have not materialized.
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 11:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• And in the parallel here, this would be my motive for being an agnostic and not an atheist.

No one can prove God doesn't exist, so I'll keep my mind open on the subject and not declare that he doesn't because I don't know for sure.
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 11:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• That's a kneeslapper if I ever saw one ;D

I agree--the burden of proof is NOT on us, it's on the believers!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• prove that they do...

this is no different than ppl believing in a man comming out of the sky to take away all the believers in a blink of an eye.

But like it was said earlier...the burden of proof...well you get the point
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• If we could go back in time and actually find out the original reason stories like leprechauns and things like that were created, maybe we COULD prove them to be fake. They could have been created for pure entertainment for all we know and then became such a popular story that people started taking it literally. Or maybe they are just a misinterpretation of something that is real.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009