Needing advice. Mother of 11mo old, accidently pregnant again.. no money to afford this. Please help!

I'm not sure what to do.. We don't have enough money to raise another child. My husband and I barely have enough money to pay for food for our first baby. I live in oregon and am currently on WIC, but that's sometimes isnt enough. I'm scared, I don't know what to do. Any and all advice is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your husband should look into going back to school. There are alot of different programs to help with this. There is allways a way... youjust need to look for it and be determined to get there. Right now we are expecting our fith... I work part time... well 32hrs a week but our company conciders that part time. There are allways options out there. And sometimes you have to think outside of the box. I know tons of families that started off with nothing but themselves and a few kids and basicly no income who deicde to do better and then just make it work. Have your husband look into online schooling, if your a sahm, you might as well be looking into it as well. Look at the different financial aid options availble. I know it can seem like a plate full but it is possible.. (4 kids, one on the way, homeschooling 2, working pretty much full time, and keeping a house...)... its possible... just takes hard work!! : )
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• next time dont have sex if you cannot afford the consequinces
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• what type of help are you looking for? If you cant feed your first baby don't have a second. If you're looking for more ways to get free stuff from the govt i don't know of anything besides WIC.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Start buying cloth diapers now... bought little by little, they aren't that expensive (for prefolds and covers).

Other than that... what expense would you have for an infant? You have all the gear already, right? And clouthes... you make free milk and that is enough for baby through the first year... so, you've got a good 2 years before you need to worry about added food expense.

Don't worry, it'll work out.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Don't buy baby food for your 11 month old, my son eats whatever we're having. he eats solids. Baby food is freakishly expensive, just put your 11 month old on solids, and only like 4 bottles a day. I'm on WIC and my son is fine on it.
    Anonymous

• Try going on food stamps? Or maybe somewhere in your town offers housing assistance? I know around my area, there's pantry's that give out free food and diapers to those who need it.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• im sorry but honestly if u got pregnant then keep it cuz u got prego for a reason... u or ur hubs get a job. and gi apply at health and welfare or section 8 or foodstamps stuff like that usually if u talk to ur caseworker they will help you..
    ryansbabygurl88

Answer by ryansbabygurl88 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm in the same boat - totally didn't expect this! My little one will be one tomorrow and that was supposed to be the last. My older three are from my ex husband - we were in good financial shape, but then my ex stopped paying child support and now we're having to scrimp.
    But we just found out we're pregnant - I had stopped bfeeding and was on the minipill, had planned to start the regular pill after my period started this month. I was shocked, as was my husband and fortunately we hadn't gotten rid of all our baby stuff yet - although I had just put it on craigslist a few days prior!
    Try foodstamps, look at Section 8 housing. I work Fri and sometimes Sat nights when my dh is home from work to keep the kid(s) - I wait tables and although I'm up on my feet it is a fun job! Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Breastfeed, cloth diaper, used/donated clothing, you should have all the gear already.. you won't need food-food for this baby til 7-12 months.. why is the food so expensive with your current baby? Are you formula feeding, if so, an 11 month old could have their formula cut down and replaced with the WIC baby food and table food from a food pantry -- don't formula feed the next one, it is MUCH MUCH cheaper even with WIC as WIC is NOT meant to pay for all formula but they do supply tons of food for you to eat if you breastfeed plus baby food for the baby after 6 months that is tons to save til they actually need it.. and take light.. the economy will get better, you can get a part-time job after kids are in school.. it'll be ok.. my parents lived on nothing for most of my childhood then things got better for them.. :) Plus now that you're pregnant WIC will give you more stuff I THINK - but am unsure since I don't have WIC.
    Anonymous

• The birth control did not work. Thats why I am pregnant. If you want to put me down and make me feel worse than I already do, don't bother commenting. I came here for help
    Anonymous