Frigde Help!!

Uh-oh, looks like we are going to have to buy a new fridge! We have a side by side now, and truthfully I don't like the freezer side, you can't even put a frozen pizza in it! What kind of fridge do you have? Do you like it? How much did you pay for it? IDK I have not bought one for a long time!! I would like it to at least have an icemaker if not water too! Thanks for your help---I need it LOL!!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We bought a new fridge about 7 yrs ago. It is a bottom freezer. They last longer and use less energy because of the design, or so they say. We are very happy with it. We only paid About $650 for it. It was new..but we went to the 'damaged' section in Best Buy. It had a small dent and a scratch way back on the right side that is hidden by the counters anyway. Normally, this fridge was almost $1000.. They guaranteed us there was no mechanical issue, only a cosemetic one. It worked for us. The only real downside is you have to choose from what they have. So my other appliances are white and my fridge is almond. It's important to some, it wasn't to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• http://www.lge.com/us/appliances/refrigerators/LG-french-3-door-refrigerator-LFX28977ST.jsp

I have that one...I paid just under 1500.00 about a year ago @ a scratch and dent store. I love it!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We have a Kenmore Elite (not stainless steel, though, it's white, so cheaper model), which is a french door style (double doors on top w/a single drawer freezer on the bottom) and I love it. I didn't get the ice maker in the door, but it does dispense filtered water through the door. The icemaker is in the freezer & doesn't take up as much room there as it would have in the door. It was about $2200 when purchased new about 15 years ago or so, when french door style refrigerators were just coming into vogue, so I'm sure you could get a similar model much cheaper now. The refrigerator has been extremely reliable and excellent at keeping both fresh & frozen foods at the correct temperatures (has a computer on board that allows me to adjust the temperature as needed, too). There is plenty of space for everything & I love the slide-out glass shelves.
    Anonymous

• We have a Whirlpool counter depth side by side in stainless steel. We bought it last year when we bought all our appliances. I really like it and the freezer side does hold a lot, which was one of the things I wasn't so sure about in getting a side by side. I love that it has a lift-out ice reservoir so my husband can dump it into a cooler to take for work each day. My favorite fridges are freezer on the bottom ones because they're super convenient, hold a lot and are more energy efficient. They don't come in counter depth though, and we really needed that for the spot in our kitchen, and my kids are so little, I wanted them to easily reach sticks of cheese or whatever, so that's why we went with the side by side. Otherwise I would have gotten a freezer on bottom one. I really do like Whirlpool appliances though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• This is the one closest to the one we have.  I couldn't find the exact model since ours was from last year.  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Whirlpool+-+23.1+Cu.+Ft.+CountQ-√™Depth+Sic-^by-Side+Refrigerator+-+Stainles-Steel/9108896.p?id=1218024600286&skuId=9108896

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would never purchase an appliance without doing through research. Consumer Reports is reliable.

www.consumerreports.org Either read online or at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009