you believe in Santa?

when your kids get/got old enough and want to know if YOU beilieve(d) in Santa, what did you or will you tell them?
I'm jsut curious

I told mine that Of course Santa is real-he lives in all of us who help another and it's a wonderful thing to beleive in :)

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe in Santa!!! Always have, always will. When I was younger and found out there was no actual person who came into my house on Christmas Eve (which, thinking back, it's kind of a creepy thought, ROFL!), my mom explained that she still believed. I asked her how and she said that the spirit of St. Nick lives on and is that reason that you feel compelled to do good for others and make others happy. I thought she was off her rocker, but as I get older and now that I have kids of my own, I know exactly what she means!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I believe in Santa. He was a real person at one point. So I'll tell my children yes I believe in Santa.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I tell them yes, I believe, I love Santa, he's the most generous man in the world!! (wink wink)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I am Jewish and even I believe in Santa Claus :-)....the Spirit Of Giving. :-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• 100%... Just as you said.. He lives in all of us..
    I am all about the magic of Santa & the Easter Bunny, ect... They only believe for 10yrs (if that)... they have the rest 50-80yrs of their life to truely understand "the Real meaning of Christmas" ....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Actually, Santa was a real person. Here is a link all about him: http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=38

In the Orthodox Christian church (and possibly the Catholic church as well) he is celebrated/remembered/commemorated on December 6 each year. He was a Greek and helped many of his parishioners - most notably (and this is where the gift-giving comes from) he anonymously gave gold coins to three young girls who would have had to become prostitutes because they could not afford a dowry. His gold provided the dowry so they could marry respectably.
    tillie2

Answer by tillie2 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I do believe, and I tell my 9 year old this. She is one of very few, if any, of her classmates that still believe. When she tells me others who don't, I just say, "Well that's so sad for them," and she agrees.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009