Pregnant or Not?!

Okay, so here's what's going on. My boyfriend and I have been having sex like crazy and everytime he has gone in me. I took on of those ovulation tests and it said i was ovulating a week before my expected period. So we had a lot of sex then too. I have been having pregnancy symptoms like sore breasts, frequent urination, tiredness, things like that. My period was supposed to start on the 9th, and it didnt, it started on the 10th, but im not really bleeding at all. I put a tampon in andwhen I took it out 8 hours later, there was nothing really on it. I did have a baby 3 months ago, but my first period was pretty heavy. I have taken pregnancy tests, but if I did infact only concieve last week or the week before, wouldn't be too early for it to tell?

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It could be too early to tell. You are probably stressing your body out a bit with all this. Give it a few days and if your period does not get heavy or normal then test again! There is no way to tell if you are pregnant or not without a test! Good luck to you!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• 8 hrs and hardly aÑy blood? It could have been implantation bleeding. You could be pg but yes it would be too early to test. Its best to wait 2 weeks from the day you think you conceived.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Wait...you're not married, you have a 3 month old baby, and your trying like bunnies for another one? I really think you should rethink this.
    Anonymous

• Why are you trying to get pregnant when you just had a baby 3 months ago? That is really bad for your body IMO
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We are engaged. We both have stable jobs, and we have enough money to take care of 2 children. It runs in my family to have children a year apart.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• you just graduated high school a year ago. it may run in your family to have kids close but you were 18 when you had your first and having a second adds a lot of strain to a relationship. wait until you're married.you're closing yourself off to a lot of life experience by having kids so close, so young and so soon.
    Anonymous

• it is not good for your body or your baby too intentionally get pregnant so soon. Researchers found that infants born to women who conceived less than six months after giving birth had a 40% increased risk for being born prematurely and a 61% increased risk of low birth weight, compared with infants born to mothers who waited 18 months to two years between pregnancies. Also your stores of folate are going to be low causeing problems for a new pregnancy.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• wait till you are married not just engaged. being engaged is not married
    Anonymous

• We are common law married, we have been together for a long time. We are deeply in love and there is nothing in this world that I want more then to be a mother. I have done the partying and the drinking, and everything else, Im ready to settle down and have another baby and be a mother.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you're so ready to be a mother then you should know that the most important thing about parenting is being able to put your children FIRST! Over and above your own wants and desires. It is clearly not in the best interests of your 3 month old child (and the child you are intending to conceive) for you to get pregnant again so soon. I suggest you research the actual health risks involved in your decision first and put your dreams and ideals aside, or at least second.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2009