Does anyone else think this about military wives?

I think they're all in a hurry to marry their military man to get the benifits , not for the actual marriage itself. I was watching a true story type show and this woman kept saying "he comes home in a few weeks and we'll be married , so i wont need your money because ill get (i forgot the amount) $ to pay for my bills,rent,groceries,everything ... ill get all his benifits" ... never once did she say "i hope he comes home safe/alive...etc" ... It seems alot of them seem like gold diggers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree w/ you. And notice these gold diggers are the same bitches who look down on people who WAIT to find someone they LOVE to get married! They're the ones who buy all this expensivce crap than bitch because they dont have money! And FYI to everyone i was a military fiancee ... we didnt work out because of his attitude throughout the years ...
    Anonymous

• Some people are like that. Just like some 20 yr old will marry an old man on his death bed to get his money.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• NO
    I have never known a military wife to be that way.
    There are godl diggers that go after all kinds of men . I think it is a screwed ASSumption that you are making.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• now a days women like military men for the security.
    however this is not true for all of us. i married my husband when he was in the guard but b/c i loved him. now hes active army.
    some women are probally gold diggers yes. . .
    but this does not apply to all of us. . .some of us are in it for love.
    like me!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• GOLD DIGGERS ?!?!?! Have you ever actually seen the amount a military paycheck? They are really bad @ digging if they are :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• hot-mama86 -- true on that one too ... there is many young women marrying older men for that reason

anon: its not an assumption .. i said SEEMS LIKE ALOT ... i didnt say EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ... it just seems SOME rush marriage to get their hands on the money
    Anonymous

• I'm a military wife. While I'm sure there are some that are like that, I didn't go into marriage for those reasons. May be why the divorce rate is so high among young soldiers...
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You can't say that about all or most military wives. And this is coming from someone who's not all that patriotic. By your standards you could say every woman who is engaged to a man with a secure job is in a hurry to marry. And thats just not the case.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yeah some wives actually admitted to me that's why they married their husbands, for the benefits. You might as well call them whores. That's not why I married my husband though. I think out of everyone in his old unit that were in his rank, we're one of the few couples that are still married. The others got divorced after the husband got discharged. Sad isn't it?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

--
    yes i have seen the pay's ... BUT for someone whose man is comming home from iraq to only talk about benifits and not his safe return -- makes me think gold digger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2009