just for fun how many of you moms go thru this???

I work full time and have 3 kids ages 13 12 and 7 I assign chores and I pay allowance and everything either don't get done or is half assed..I hate coming home anymore cuz the sight of undone chores just makes me cringe...especially after a hard day at work..it's funny how my kids try to cover up they didn't do chores by shoving anything and everything under couches and beds I do believe the vacuuming gets done though I give them credit for what really gets done but the rest it's like c'mon guys!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I go through this with my 9 year old! He's been asking for an allowance so we told him if he starts keeping his room clean and helping around the house, we'll talk about it. So he cleans his room and shows me all excited, then I look in the closet and there is a mountain of stuff that was on his floor! He'll take the trash out when I tell him to and when he tries his hand at the dishes, there is still food stuck to them and he'll put them away without drying them so I'll pull out a bowl and get splashed with water! But he is trying
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The allowance we give is a roof, food, love, security.. Not money. They earn privileges, such as going to the movies, going to a friends house etc. If they don't help out and do their designated chores then there are consequences. They will lose their favorite toys etc, until they can make an effort to help out. It works for us. And you have to stick to what you say.. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• you know when I was growing up (and I do the same with my son now) my allowance wasn't just given to me, it was my pay for the chores I did. if I didn't do a chore I received less money. it helped teach how the real world works. if you just showed up for work but didn't work you think your boss is going to want to pay you?

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Then dont give them the money. Do a "job check" to see the work is done RIGHT & that will earn the allowance.. Its like their homework --- Alot of teachers require you to "show your work" in math to see how you came to your solution (by not showing ur work u either get a failing grade/ points taken off/ have to redo the assignment all together).. Your kids should do the same.. Properly take the right steps & show you done your work properly & you will rightfully get paid for it..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• mrsleftlane- AMEN!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• it is like that but i only have a 4 yr old and my husband trashes the house.... grrr!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009