What is with WIC saying my daughter is overweight??? DO they only want super thin children these days?

My daughter is almost 7 months old and is 26 inches and weights 20 lbs. She is a very healthy happy baby. She does not over eat or anything and yesterday WIC told me she was overweight.
WTH???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• gah you crazy bitches shut up, she's just venting b/c someone called her baby fat..now if it was someone at the doctor's office or grocery store that called her child fat, you'd stand up for her but since it was someone at the wic office you ahve to be rude and tell her to pay for her own food and all that bullshit, wic dosen't provide groceries, just supplements some things, it's not like food stamps
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yeah accoring to wic my dd is fat and also my ds. i just nod and smile ,and say well their doctor tell me they are healthy am am sure he knwos more. my dd was 20 lbs at 6 mts and ds also. juts ignore them most people that work at wic are dumb. and have no clue what they are talking about
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• That is NOT overweight. My twins are 20 lbs at 8 months. And they were 6 lbs a birth. Everyone is different.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well then my son probably was too...at 6 months he was 30 inches and 20 lbs. What did they say to you?
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thats crazy! My son weighed more than that when he was 5 months old!! Yes he was a "fat" baby but when he became more active it leveled out.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My son was always under weight when I had wic, the doctor said he was healthy
    mommytothree07

Answer by mommytothree07 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• That is what I thought.
    I was sure she was healthy It just makes me so mad that they were trying to tell me she wasnt healthy
    Anonymous

• I think they are just trying to look for a reason to get the child services. I'm sure they don't like turning kids away. One time my son didn't qualify, so the lady started asking me all kinds of questions, finally she said she could get him approved on an iron deficiency since he didn't eat a lot of meat I think. They are just trying to help you out.

Anonymous

• They don't want overweight kids. That is one of their goals now. Overweight babies usually become overweight kids and overweight kids become overweight adults. WIC is a government agency concerned with the health of all Americans. Two of the big problems right now are overweight babies and toddlers and young children that drink too much juice and other drinks with too many calories. WIC is targeting these problems.

Yes, 20 pounds is too much for a 7 month old baby. The baby is overfed. A normal 12 mo would weigh 20 pounds.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• WIC has issues anyway. I was income eligible but my son got cut off WIC at 6 months old for this reason " He is in the upper 100% bracket in both height and weight for his age". See you have to understand that they do an overall comparison of children of all genetics and do not understand the concept of people of different races have different size's and do not compare the babies to only those of compatible genetics in height and weight. And to answer your question YES they only want little thin babies.
    Anonymous