Could it be we are finally coming together in faith?

On Oct. 29th, 2009 people of faith came together to celebrate, praise, bless and lift up ALL our relationships. This event, sponsored by DC Clergy United for Marriage Equality, and heavily supported by HRC’s Religion and Faith Program and Diversity department brought over 500 people of faith to Asbury United Methodist Church in Washington D.C. The event and the work of DC Clergy United for Marriage Equality is showing Washington, D.C. and the nation that people of faith can no longer be characterized as antagonistic to LGBT people. Nearly 200 clergy living or working in Washington, D.C. have signed on to a religious declaration of marriage equality. Learn more about this powerful work at www.clergyformarriage.com and watch the video from the interfaith service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcgJLyHuPEk

Asked by older at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • What a wonderful thing to happen. AWESOME
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Matthew 18:7(New International Version)

7"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!
    Anonymous

• Anon, care to elaborate?

Answer by older at 12:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I think that is awesome!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• This is something great. But just look at some of these women here in this little section of the Internet. Peace and unity will never happen, as long as there are people who fight amongst their own religion, how can they get along with other religions??.

Anonymous

• Anonymous
    This is something great. But just look at some of these women here in this little section of the Internet. Peace and unity will never happen, as long as there are people who fight amongst their own religion, how can they get along with other religions??.

You fight constantly with your own husband. But yet you are still married. How is that?
    Anonymous

• I don't fight with my husband, I love him more than anything.

Anonymous

• I do believe we will all come together in faith. Then Sunday Law will happen and the persucution of God's people and the God's comes.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• do believe we will all come together in faith. Then Sunday Law will happen and the persucution of God's people and the God's comes.

"Sunday Law"? that is not biblical. but that's not what this post is about so i'll stop there.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 4:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 by: martyrmomma
    no cafemom deleted my acount so I will have to sufar coat how I spread t ruth
    But Iwill not stop
    __________________________________________
    hopefully they'll delete u again.. u r not speaking or spreading biblical truth u r spreading lies being taught to you by a pastor that even ur husband doesn't agree with.
    Anonymous