Have you ever stored a mattress & boxsprings in your garage?

Im wanting to store a mattress & boxsprings in my garage but unsure if it will mess them up or not (i plan on covering with mattress bags)...
Anyone ever done this? How did it turn out?

(we turned dd crib into a full bed for company last yr. Now Im wanting to change it into a toddler bed so she can have more play room)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I bought my queen sized bed and then couldn't use it right away, so I stored it in my parents garage/shed. It was fine. It was still in the plastic from the store,but I threw a blanket over it, and it was fine. As long as you don't have any leaks or anything like that in your garage where it could get wet and then mold, it should be just fine.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Personally, I wouldn't. Mice and other creatures can chew through the plastic, blankets, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• In several of our move we had to put our bed in a storage unit or a garage . we cover them with a blanket and another else we make have along that line. The do fine.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 2:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009