why are guys so unpredictable?

i met this guy over the internet and became really good friends,i really don't know if he likes me because whenever he signs in to messenger he is the one that looks for me all the time to ask me just random things like how my day was going just simple stuff,we were chatting with both our cameras on and he had a real big smile with some shyness on his face lol but now he seems like he doesn't wanna talk to me? it is just plain weird i do not understand him,but just won't like to ask him either, i wanna let him be who he is and don't wanna scare him away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• If he's always looking for you, I'd say he likes you. The guy that I am talking to always calls me. That's how I know he likes me...why would he bother to call me if he didn't like me? Same thing here...why would he bother to look for you if he didn't like you. As for asking you random stuff, asking how your day went is sweet, shows he cares, other stuff...maybe he just doesn't know what to talk about?

Just come out and ask him. What's the worst that can happen? He says he doesn't like you? Then you know, and you can just be friends, and not wonder anymore. Best case, he tells you he does, and then you take it from there. This isn't high school anymore, just be blunt.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• This isn't high school anymore, just be blunt.

I didn't mean that as bitchy as it came off...I'm sorry. I just meant that as adults, we should be able to just be honest instead of playing games.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I wish I knew the answer to that. Be careful with guys online, it rarely works out.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• lol it's ok i didn't take it as an offense you are right, its just that i'm scared of scaring him away or something, but the weird thing is last night we were chatting with our cameras on and he couldn't stop smiling,but then today he has been avoiding me =S
    Anonymous

• Are you sure he's avoiding you? Has he been on and isn't talking to you or he's just not on at all? Maybe he's just really busy. I have a friend who will get on 5-6 times a day and we chat, and then we'll go 2-3 days without chatting, b/c he's busy. Of course, he and I are just friends, so slightly different but you get the idea. And if you really think he's avoiding you, you could always ask him what's up with that.

The guy I'm talking to says he's probably just busy, that guys tend to put things aside to chat with us, and he's probably catching all that up.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well he was online on the game earlier and just didn't talk to me,maybe he wanted some time for himself?
    Anonymous

• Don't be chasing after him. Let him do the chasing. Play hard to get for a change.
    Anonymous

• You don't know enough about this guy to know whether he's unpredictable or not. This may be perfectly in line with how he usually behaves. You cannot predict behavior until you know what is normal behavior for an individual. That requires that you spend in person time with him, listening to what he says and observing what he does. It cannot be determined by chatting with him on the internet.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• So they can drive us crazy!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Maybe he is playing hard to get? Maybe he is trying to find out if you would ever look for him. Try looking for him, he is just online anyway. It's not really a big loss if you find out he doesn't want to chat anymore. Better knowing then always wondering.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009