When is Obama..

Going to make a decision on to send more troops or not? I wish he would decide already..

Oh and some African American group of several hundred went to D.C. to protest saying bring the troops home..and saying Obama is a white elitiest with a black face..they arent satisfied and saying he isnt doing a thing for them like he said he would..

I dont know about all that but I do so wish hed make a decision..send what is needed or bring them all home

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am SCREECHING mad about this !

If he is not going to send troops to relieve and reinforce those already under fire in Afghanistan, then pull them back to safety !!

It is CRIMINAL to intentionally withhold the support that he KNOWS they need to keep from getting attacked and killed !!
    It was AUGUST when his military commander told Obama in good faith what was needed ... not what would be "nice" .... what was NEEDED.

But no. Despite the fact that in March he clearly announced his policy for Afghanistan, now "We need to come up with a policy". Week after week drags by ... week after week of our troops under fire, being killed, holding the mission as best they can.

Now his planners give him the choice of THREE alternative plans and ... woops ! No, he wants something else.

Putz.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't think its a matter of the decision being made. Its when they'll decide to announce it to the public. They don't make decisions and run out and tell us about it. These things are probably already in the works.
    Anonymous

• I agree. He needs to quit sitting on his hands on this one. Send them what they need or bring them home! And for those who say he needs more time to gather info, how much time? Cant taking the word of his Generals in theater be enough? HE HAS NEVER SERVED, so I would think following military advice of someone being in the military 20+ yrs would be the best route!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• There's scuttlebutt around the base that says 30,000 more by the end of 2010. Not as quick as the 5 month GDub surge, but still a surge nonetheless.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 1:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I thought I heard that he wanted a new plan altogether. I only caught part of it on the news this morning.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Oh and some African American group of several hundred went to D.C. to protest saying bring the troops home..and saying Obama is a white elitiest with a black face..they arent satisfied and saying he isnt doing a thing for them like he said he would..

What does this have to do with your question?
    Anonymous

• Oh and some African American group of several hundred went to D.C. to protest saying bring the troops home..and saying

reading comprehension is a good thing anon :36.  The second part of that statement (about him being a white elitist) just shows how some of the American voters were conned into thinking that his agenda was a racial one.  It's sad, really.

Anonymous

• He had a meeting yesterday with Biden and a few of the top Generals. All submitting different plans of action. He rejected every single one.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• AngelDawn, good point. He rejected ALL the plans by ALL his experts. So what is he waiting for?

Everyone has advised him, and he doesn't like any of their plans. Sh-t or get off the pot.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• KEEP THE TROOPS THERE! SEND MORE THERE!!! DONT BRING THEM HOME TIL ITS OVER!
    Anonymous