Doesnt want to eat just drink milk....

My daughter is 16 months and lately she doesn't eat like she use to now I feed her and she turns her she only ask for milk....wat can I do

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like my dd, except mine is 3.. i fix her breakfast and juice for lunch whatever ot eat and juice then after she eats something i give her milk, like right now she just asked for more milk, nope it's lunch time lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Stop giving her milk. Cow's milk is for baby cows:)

This can be a problem with toddlers and they get anemic and have other dietary deficiencies. Go to google and search for websites with hints on snacks and food for toddlers.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No, children need milk. An adequate amount every day for a balanced diet. Once they are over 12 months old, they need dairy unless they have a special diet issue. I am required to give each child milk with each meal and then they can have it with a snack if they wish. Limit their juice intake to 4 oz a day. There is a tremendous amount of sugar in juice. Give them fruit. I took my child to the doctor because of the issue and he told me to relax. Your child will eat when they are hungry. They have a natural instinct as to what their body needs. Milk will not hurt them. The vitamin D is good for their little immune system, brain, bone and tooth development, and other vital organs. Make sure they are getting balanced diet at meal time and everything is o.k. If you are really concerned, talk to your doctor. Don't make a big deal of it. It will work itself out.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• please don't listen to gaill, she believes everything she reads, i'm not bashing her just think her ideas are a little off
    Anonymous

• I think you shouldn't listen to gaill either.. you will she her answers on other posts and the woman is insane!!!!
    Anonymous

• That business about milk causing anemia isn't true but keeps getting posted anyway.. Keep offering a variety of foods at meals and snacktimes. I would try offering foods first then milk or limiting the amount of milk at the start of the meal to prevent her from filling up too quickly. If you're concerned about how much milk she has, offer only water between meals. Eventually she'll pass through this phase and get back to eating.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Funny, my kids drink milk and don't "moo" at all.

Gailll is ridiculous.

Don't give in to the milk demands. They should only have so much each day anyway. At meals, either offer water or wait until after she eats some to give her the milk. She's allowed so much per day (an amount you set) but after that..water. If she doesn't eat her meal, no milk and no snacks until the next meal. She won't go hungry.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 16 months old and doing the EXACT same thing. It must be a phase. Some meals she will eat a whole bunch and then the next meal, pretty much turn up her nose . . . hearing it from other mothers relieves me a bit, that it's not just my child.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my son started drinking milk at 12 months and started getting hard poops, not sure why that happened. I have been giving him milk and formula b/c he won't eat his baby food anymore. so i started giving him more finger foods and trying to get him used to that. He's being very stubborn with his food.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009