When our baby cries my husband immediately says the baby is being a handful and annoying. It bothers me. Is this a typical guy or dad thing?

He is only a baby after all! He has to cry to communicate! And when my hubby is watching the baby for me he stops holding him or paying attention to him when he starts crying. The baby is 1 month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dh hands me our baby when he's crying b/c he don't know how to get him quiet but he never says he's annooying
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• *annoying* lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't think it's typical - sounds like your husband is the one being annoying! :) I hope you can explain to him that he needs to be more sensitive...it's hard enough when the baby is crying - the last thing you need is someone telling you that it's annoying them!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• He needs a parenting class. Its going to be a long time before the baby can talk and if he doesnt atleast try now its going to be even harder for both of them later
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• no, that is NOT normal... intervention? parenting classes maybe?

even my a hole ex, drug addict, alcoholic, wife beating husband payed attention to the kids, and understood why they cried. never made a deal out of it. my SO doesn't either...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• NO!! your dh doesnt seem like agood dad at all her needs parenting classes or to geta pair and act like a father!! when my kids cry (unless is when my dd is getting time out) he is always helping me out. you need to talk to him. that is not aman thing is a crappy father issue
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my hubby does that too i HATE it!!!
    deanna89

Answer by deanna89 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well, My husband didn't have patience for our colicky son but he WANTED to try and continued to try over and over ... . and he'd never say its annoying.. sounds like he either wasn't ready to be a father or is trying to take an easy way out and just have you take care of it!! that's NOT a good dad.. lots of guys aren't good with the baby age but I still think that's BS... I thought my crying all the time son was hard too and sure but its our job BOTH of our jobs to care for this child!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Mine says "You can't pick her up EVERY time she cries..." Douche Bag.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well what actions are going with the words.. Does he put the baby down and ignore the baby or hand the baby to you?

My SO still is annoying me with his comments and actions, lol. He says about our 8 month old "Gee you are grumpy! What are you soo grumpy about?" and I'm like "well, you are just sitting there holding him still.. " and my son gets angrier and angrier and he's like "Wow you're angry you must want your mama" .. Grrr lol. Duh PLAY WITH HIM he HATES just sitting there ... ! And my SO says "but he's BORING" ... ......

Some guys are just NOT equipt to deal with babies and have no idea they annoy the hell out of us. lol. I think he'll be much better with him when he's walking and stuff as hmy SO IS extremely patient.

Try explaining to your hub that babies communicate by crying - it's like talking - and he is annoying you with his comments. It didn't work for me, but it may work for you!!
    Anonymous