Is it the same thing to pressure your DH to go to the military?

This is about the "gold diggers" that marry military for the benefits. What if you already plan to marry a man and want him to go. I would like for my DF to join, I don't want him deployed or to get hurt (maybe he could go be a nurse) but I would really like to be financially stable. It's not all about the money either, it's something he could be good at and be happy. He doesn't want to get sent off and get killed, I don't want that either, but that is the main reason he won't go... he is a whimp.

Anyways would you consider that the same as the gold digger? I wouldn't consider myself a gold digger, we have been together since I was 15... there was no "gold" when we got together, I was thinking about it as a way to get our s**t together and be comfortable and happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you want all the military benefits why don't YOU join, and stop calling him a wimp...how is he a wimp for not wanting to be killed?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You think he's a wimp for not joining. Why don't you join, then regardless of him, you'll have those wonderful benefits you believe exist. Let him go to nursing school if he isn't up for dying for his country.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You realize that the "benefits" are not as great as some people make them out to be. On top of that there is deployment with the chance of hubby not coming home. It is nice to be able to pay our bills on time each month and buy groceries but that is it. We still have 0 dollars in the bank after bills and groceries. You also dont get a choice on being deployed or not so get over it and join yourself and dont push him.
    Anonymous

• You can't make him make that decision and you shouldn't pressure him. He is not being a wimp becuase he doesn't want to go to war. He is facing reality. I get wanting to be financially stable but there are a lot of things to consider. you need to back off and let him make this decision. You might also take some time to think if you could handle being a military wife. Husband gone all the time hearing about the war on the news and praying to god that he isn't anywhere near the latest bombing. If you go into this just thinking about hte money which isn't much you won't last and neither will he.
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 1:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I agree, if you want the stability, you join.
    Anonymous

• Ask yourself if the bills are worth the risk of possibly losing him when he don't want to go. If he wanted to go that would be different, but he don't want too and that's might just be asking to much for the sake of some bills being paid. Benefits are not that great trust me I know, my dh wanted to be in the Military and to me no amount of money for any reason is worth the risk of possibly losing him, but it was his choice and I respected that
    Anonymous

• CORPSMAN DO DEPLOY!! YOU JOIN!! ANYBODY IN THE MILITARY CAN DEPLOYED. EBERYUONE IOS TRAIN TO SHOOT WHY CUZ IN TIME OF NEED THEY WILL SEND WHO THEY CAN TO WAR. WE DONT NEED A WHIMP IN THE MILITARY. PEOPLE WHO JOIN KNOW THAT THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO DEPLOYED AND MAYBE GET KILLED
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• wow, ok first off even if hes a nurse he can and will deploy. hell even veteranarians deploy b/c they use bomb sniffing dogs and what not over there and they needs vets. i dont know of a mos that doesnt deploy to be honest. especially nurses! omg they go over there.
    we honestly could not afford to ahev three kids if my husbadn wasnt in the army. and he went active army from national guard after we found out we were pregnant with my son aiden our 2nd. for the stabllity. however. i agree why dont you go and join? this sint an easy decision to make.its one that will cause you to miss time with your family. and possible die. i was going to join up a few months ago b4 i broke my ankle. and now im pregnant. however i might join up once my husband returns and i get things straight. so dont say hes a wimp for having doubt about dieing. if he doesnt want to go dont make him. just suck it up and get two jobs like everyone else.or join.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I"m sorry but you sound like a bitch. If you want the benefits of the military then you join. Being scared of getting deployed and DYING are legitimate reasons for not wanting to go. Not every woman can be a nurse and deal with the pressures of the job, just like not every man can handle the pressures of the military. Sounds like you are the wimp!!! Your post disgusts me.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• People like you make me sick. You should join, maybe it'll make you a better person.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 2:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009