Would you be mad at your Mom in law if she barged into delivery room after telling her TWICE no one is invited in except for me and hubby?

I haven't said anything to her except for immediately when she came in (which she chose to ignore, btw) because she has helped us so much with making ends meet since I quit working at month 3 of the pregnancy. But really? Everytime I've seen her or talked to her during the last 3 weeks I just want to get an apology out of her! My husband said she probably would never apologize because she won't think she did anything wrong. :(

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just drop it. Life is too short - enjoy your new baby.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yeahi 'd be a little irked about it but there is nothing you can do about it so enjoy the baby and drop it lke pp said
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes I would be mad...very mad...but there's really nothing you can do. It's done and over with. You can try talking to her and telling her how you feel. Which is what I would do, because I can't just let stuff like that go.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• personally, i would have called security- thats just me.

don't expect an apology, its not likely to ever happen, she is your MIL- kwim?
    i get along great with my ex in laws, but they refuse to offer an apology when they're wrong... i think it comes down to communication, they do not believe they have done anything wrong.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Shame on you for not letting her see the birth of her grandchild. As a grandmother I would be heartbroken.
    Anonymous

• Didn't you tell the nurses? My mom was doing everything I told her not to do and the nurse offered to "kick her out" for me. Next time there will be no one except DF, even if I have to have the secret service standing at my door to keep people out.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• anon- it was NONE of the womans business. none. after having birthed three babies, and knowing how adversely i react to distractions, and unwanted interference (which can come in ANY form) i know how detrimental it is to have someone so willfully disrespect you as a person... it was Wrong. shame on you for being such a selfish twitch.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes, I would be. I'd also be furious with the hospital for not keeping her out after I said she wasn't welcome.

Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't talk to the woman any more & I'd keep a VERY close eye on her interactions with my child. If she's going to overstep her bounds when you are in labor, I can only imagine what the next 18 yrs is going to be like for you. Your husband, seeing as it's HIS mother, should've removed her then & should've had a talk with her about it already.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• im so sorry that happened to you that should have been a special day for you it wasn't unfair at all to not let her in it was u and ur hubby's day to see ur special bundle of joy. u should let it go but i understand how that would b difficult. and shame on the anonymous poster the mother in law had no right it doesn't matter who she is
    deanna89

Answer by deanna89 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes, I would be very upset with her. However, it's really not that big of an issue to carry it out like this. Things like that can go ignored, even if they do irritate of initially.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009