i lost 4 pounds by cutting down on my diet soda?

i went from having 5 or 6 cans a day down to 3 a day and i didnt even change a whole lot in my meals...does this make sense? has anyone else done this too?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The reason why you may have lost weight is because your body craves sugar when it gets the fake stuff. It expects an energy load because your tongue is telling your brain "sugar" which equals "energy!". When your body doesn't get what it expects it will tell your brain "get sugar!!". You're basically screwing up your feedback system. So, when you cut back, you may have cut back on sweets you were having while you drinking the dt. soda.
    This is coming from a dt. soda drinker. I can't stand regular soda.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 8:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I stopped drinking soda altogether. I not only lost weight but the puffiness in my face went away.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes it does. There is a theory that eating artificial sweeteners makes you desire eating other calories about equal to the amount that the artificial sweetener is replacing. If the artificial sweetener is replacing 200 calories you desire and end up eating 200 more calories that day.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i stopped drinking soda.... went to water only and lost 15 pounds in about 4 months. Didn't change anything else in my eating habit
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Here is a link to a news story about artificial sweeteners

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080210183902.htm
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Not surprising, since you are not putting as many artificial sweeteners and chemicals in your system, your fat cells are not bloating as bad and you are not retaining as much water... yeh, mmm does a body good - kind of funny they label it Diet! Did you know that law enforcement carries sodas to clean the roads after accidents... just image what it does to the human body...

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yeah it makes sense I've read somewhere that diet soda is actually worse for your body than regular.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My husband stopped drinking soda all together and lost some weight.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Wow says Bridget as she sips from her diet pepsi. . . . lol

I've been trying to cut back myself, though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Diet sodas are HORRIBLE for you!! Of course you lost weight! Do yourself a favor and cut them out completely!!
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009