How Many Inches Was Your Baby's Head When It Was Born ?

i will soon be having my first child , so i have never expericened anything like this before , i do read my baby books , just wundering how big the head would be in inches ..

also did any of you all rip on your own or did they have to cut you ?

does anyone have any spine trouble and still could take the epedorial .
i have a pice of my spine that is really thin , i was born like that but the bone doctor says i can take the epedorial shot that everything should be okay .
I GUESS THE DR. KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I don't remember what size his head was when he was born...didn't matter really. I had to have an emergency c-section. :[ Good Luck!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• when you have to have a c-section , what are the reasons / problems that go wrong that you have to have one ?
    Anonymous

• my dd's head was 14 1/2 cm and my ds was 14 3/4 cm
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well my whole labor, and even the pushing was fine! I did natural until I couldn't take it anymore, so I got the epidural, which DOES NOT HURT! It was fine, relieved all the pain, it was amazing! But while I was pushing, each push, my son's heart rate would go down, off the charts. So I'd have to take a breadk and when I'd push again the same thing happened. They prepped me for surgery right away, I guess the cord was wrapped a couple times around his neck, and even though he was only 2 inches away from crowning, he wouldve probably choked to death. Poor baby. My advice is to be aware of the possibility of a c-section. It isn't likely, but I knew NOTHING and was terrified. It was horrible, so at least go in there prepared (just in case) but I'm sure you'll be fine, don't be scared. It's a beautiful process. Good luck :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• 14 inches. I tore in 3 places my dr didn't wanna do an episiotomy. I wish he wouldve.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My son's head was 12 1/2 inches and my daughters was 13 1/2 inches!! I did not tear with either of them and I had the epidural both times
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• 15 something lol...I remember the nurse that does the measuring saying that DD had the biggest head she had ever measured in her 10 years of nursing. My daughter also came out 10lbs with one small tear. It is possible to have that large of a baby without a C-section.

Epidural is my friend!

DD will be 3 in January and she wears adult size hats. lol
    JinerasMom

Answer by JinerasMom at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My sons head was 14,2"! I tore but that was more because of the position that he was in than the size of his head, he was posterior with a turned face. No epidurals or other pain medications for me.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• im new at the mother to be to . what if the baby isnt turned over the right way when it comes out can they turn it by pressing on your belly or anything im going to be a young mom im 19.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2009