Hasan is getting charged with 13 counts of murder. Why is he not getting charged for killing the unborn baby?

http://www.kwtx.com/

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 1:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• cuz the baby is not consider a person. thast why abortion sint nurder according to some people
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Only a few states have laws on the books that make killing a pregnant women and her baby a double homicide, and then only after like, the 24th week of pregnancy or something. It's ridiculous.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It depends on how far along the mother was. If the mother was in the first or second trimester they say that he or she would not survive outside the mother's womb and is not considered a baby. After the 6th month then they consider the baby a viable individual. I disagree but that's the law.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It's horrible!! Just so wrong :[
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Because the mother was only 3 months pregnant, and the baby almost certainly couldn't have been saved if it had been born, even under optimal conditions (in a hospital, incubator at the ready, etc.) at that gestational age.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• That is very sad and I think he should get murder for the baby.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I agree with Pagan.
    Was she 3 or 1 month pregnant?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well, 13 counts ....that is a good amount,isn't it? WHo knows what their decision was about the unborn baby/ Just be happy with the 13 counts. That should keep him locked up forever.
    Anonymous

• I had the same issue years ago when I was in a battering relationship, and lost a baby. No charges for causing a miscarriage. It really pissed me off!
    Anonymous

• in ohio we have the lacy law, because a woman named lacy was murdered, i think it was her husband and he did sick satanic things to the baby --- they did find both bodies... and people thought they should count it as 2 murders... in ohio if you kill a preggo it does count as 2 murders.... i guess it depends on what state you kill someone in.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009