8 Month old makes breathing noise like chest congestion

My 8 month old daughter makes a raspy sort of breathing noise some times, mostly when she gets excited. This has been going on for 6 weeks now. I have taken her to the doctor and they could hear the noise in her lungs and thought maybe it was a milk allergy. Well she has been on soy for 2 weeks now and I have not seen any improvement.
Has anybody else had anything like this and if so what was it for you?

wilkermom

Asked by wilkermom at 1:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son made whizzling noise when he slept in his bouncer. he simply outgrow it real fast - around 6 mths in fact. he was sitting and his air passages were not clear. i noticed and eliminated it from any future use. bad on my husband since the bouncer was his best friend to care for our boy. at some time our son was sleeping in it becase could not lift well his head, and is real quiet, we were too affraid for him not to suffocate in mid night. possible also you shall never forget to sit her up or lift as for burp after feeding, even a sip, for her not to have any of the canals blocked (of the ears, nose, etc. etc.). so many kids suffer from ear infection. way to avoid.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009