Divorce Moms Does Your Teen?

When you discipline, threaten to go live at his Dads? Does his Dad support your decision or give in to child?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 1:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It has happened in the past however I tell them it's not up to them period. It would be up to the courts and in order to take a child from one home and put them in the other you have to doing some pretty crappy stuff..or be proven unfit.. or at least that is how it is in Washington.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• How old is he? He may can make that choice without your say so if his dad allowed it. But after going there and coming back to you the judge will not allow it to happen again...where I am anyway.
    My 11 yr old threatened that to me once and I said paper or plastic... I will get to packing.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I used to do it to my mom, and then one day she packed all of my crap and told me "there's the door, I won't stop you" that stopped me in my tracks, she really meant it, I never said it again. I think I was around 14-15 when she told me that.

I think it is normal for kids of divorced parents.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My daugher did and I took the same approach as luckysevenwow.......I simply asked if she could pack on her own or did she need my help?

The she tried to play the "You don't even want me" card and I got in her face so quick she didn't know what to think. It didn't happen again.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 5:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have been really blessed in this area . My ex-husband and I do back each other up with our sons . They both know that they are not going to play us against each other . Now that they are older there has been some conflict about what my youngest will tolerate from his father . He does not get yelled at home with me and once his father just went off and he told his father he would not tolerate being treated like that . They both called me and told me to come and get him and I called the step-mother and told her they needed to work this out because I did not want my youngest to think just because dad made a mistake he could just go home . It takes two to make a relationship work and they both needed to work this out and they did and there hasn't been another incident like this again .
    texasdawn71

Answer by texasdawn71 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• This drives me crazy! My daughter is 15 and I have a live in boyfriend of three years. He's strict, I'm easier. She doesn't like him, even tho' he's done a lot for both of us. She wants to move to her dad's and I'm not giving up custody. So every time she comes back from her dad's it's a fricken teary battle. I'm so in the middle. I just told her her boyfriend could come over tonight for a couple of hours and my boyfriend is like, no she doesn't need to see him, be the adult and say no, they'll see each other at school tomorrow. I don't see anything wrong with him being here for a bit, Am I wrong? I just HATE the attitude adjustment after coming back from her dads,
    ashmountainhawk

Answer by ashmountainhawk at 7:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009