How do i get my 99 gemni baby to show his other face

to me i feel as if he is screaming for attention but i dont know how to reach him i talk til i'm blue in the face even his teacher is noticing that he be in outerspace during class it takes him forever to complete an assignment at school and home also. What do i do?

SExxYBlkMoMMa

Asked by SExxYBlkMoMMa at 1:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Instead of nagging at him, try to reach him by spending quality time with him. Take him out to lunch, go for a walk. If it's attention he's seeking then spending time one on one with him will fulfill that need. Talk to him about school and what's going on there.

My daugther's only 18 months, but she's a gemini too... and I can definately tell lol. Geminis are volatile and needs lots of love and understanding, but they also need space as well. Make a date with him once or twice a week and see what happens.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would say back off a little and let him take responsibility for things. Also, ask him is he is bored at school. I know that my son was born in 99 and this is the first year in school were he just does not like it, 5th grade is a review year so if you son understood things in 3rd grade, then in 4th grade he reviewed some and added to that. This year they review things from 3rd and 4th grade.

I also agree spend some time with him just having fun, either play a game or go to lunch. Talk to him about things and just listen, let him lead the conversation. I am a Gemini so I do understand that we can be frustrating sometime.

Good Luck with everything
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• have you considered a learning disability or ADD. Not every child with ADD has the Hyperactivity. My niece is ADD without the 'H'. she has a very hard time in class because she excessively daydreams and is distracted by the smallest thing. I mean like a bird on the window ledge.

Another thing to consider is whether or not there is something going on in his life at school, at church, at home, with his friends... that has his bothered and he is thinking about that when he should be concentrating on his work.

Lastly, He's a boy. Boys tend to begin avoiding there parents by age 11 or 12. He may just be becoming a pre teen and wanting his space. he may be testing his boundaries at school by not doing his work. These are things that can be corrected with time and consequences.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 12:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009