Do you feed your family foods with MSG, like hamburger helper and restaurant food?

Do you research the ingredients in the foods you and your family eat?

Are you aware that virtually all processed foods and restaurant foods contain MSG or MSG-like substances, proven to be excitotoxins?

http://www.aapsonline.org/jpands/hacienda/article27.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• Anonymous

• No!

We had to cut back on our food bill by necessity 2 years ago and I started cooking everything from scratch. Since then, we've discovered that if we eat out or eat any convenience/processed foods like Hamburger Helper or Banquet chicken, we get sick. We feel bloated, ill, just blah!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• restaurant food?? you mean like fast food places?
    Anonymous

• Ewww. makes me want to puke...but I'm guilty of eating it :[
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• that's all we eat i want my kids to be unhealthy and fat like me
    Anonymous

• Yes but it is balanced with home made meals. sorry but just breathing the air in some places  or drinking the water, or eating eggs can do the same damage so I will live happy and free without worrying about all the nuances about it all.  There is so much more to worry about than these things.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm very conscientious about what my family eats. We go out to eat rarely as a treat, but for the most part I cook at home from scratch. I know that processed foods are no good for us, and so we don't eat them hardly ever.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Not anymore. Yesterday we went to Applebee's for the Veteran's Day special and afterwards I went home and took a three hour nap. I am not used to that type of food and it makes me feel bad afterwards. I don't feed my kids boxed food anymore either. They eat better when I cook from scratch. So, yes I suppose you could say I am more conscious of what we eat.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My husband has high blood pressure problems so I rarely cook with salt, only if its critical to the recipe (meaning baking and such were it is actually needed for effect not taste) We never add salt, ues a lot pepper and other spices though.

We don't eat out very often...and if we do its usually at a resturant not fast foods so there are more healthy choices.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• don't care. I have better things to do than figure out every ingredient of every peice of food I eat. Oh, I just ate a gum drop. Now an apple. Should I research if pestisides are used on it? What about the cleaning supplies? What about how clean the silverware is? How about the how tainted the water supply has become? There are so many issues and none I have control over. I will eat reasonably healthy foods and keep a balance diet and not worry about all that nit pickiness. Should I take a drug that will save my life or should I be more concerned about the potential side affects? hmm.
    Anonymous