10 month old making himself gag

I have a 10 month old son and about a week or s ago he has started sticking his fingers in his mouth so far he makes himself caugh and gag. Is this normal and how do i get him to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did the same thing and we took him to the dr because he would do it when he was mad or happy or up set....the dr said it was to get a reacton or attention...so he told us to ignore it...so we did and in about a month he stoped doing it...
    MaMaDukeS321

Answer by MaMaDukeS321 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OMG! My son did this at the same age! He thought it was funny!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 1:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• So does mine ill walk over to him to make sure he's not really choking and he laughs
    colinsmommy1220

Answer by colinsmommy1220 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my son did it. He stopped doing it after 8 sharp little teeth went into his skin (he bit himself) LOL
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• there was a boy at a daycare that i worked at who would do it when he got mad. like when he wanted out of the high chair or swing. he'd do it so much it'd make him throw up. we tried ignoring it (thats when it got to the throwing up stage) so when he'd start doing it we'd just take his hands out of his mouth and try distracting him with something else. but its just a new trick he's learned, nothing to stress about.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009