Ultrasound Update / Spotting issue

Ok, went for an ultra sound today. Saw the amniotic sac, though it was too early for a heartbeat. (about 5 weeks according to tech)

Happy to report we are not ectopic. The tech did spot a small sac of blood near the baby indicating implantation bleeding.

Was told all we can do is wait it out by the specialist.

Called my Dr when we got home and he made me feel better by saying there is no need to worry unless I get period like bleeding, he did not seem to be worried by the sac of blood at all and said its fairly normal.

I have not had any signs of bleeding since and am hoping everything will be ok. But really, it could go either way.

Think I'm gonna pay a long overdue visit to church today....just to think and clear my head.

Whatever will be....

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• gl to you! i've heard of a lot of women having implantation bleeding. the best thing to do now is try not to stress and i think that maybe that visit to church will help you at least calm down and concentrate on being healthy for both you and that baby. it sucks being so early and not being able to control the situation. my prayers are with you! and congrats btw!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• good luck! i hope everything turns out ok, and i think it will =) early pregnancy is really stressful, i'm 7-8 weeks but still stressin ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Its very scary to know that the blood was "seen" by the ultrasound. I would imagine my Dr would not have had such a positive response if it were really a concern, yesterday...when we didnt know what caused the spec of blood, he seemed much more middle of the road and did not want to get our hopes up in any way...today he was all congratulations and see you on monday for the bloodwork and another ultra sound in 12 weeks. I have to get out of my own head. Im going to drive myself crazy.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009