cows milk

okay this one "lady" on here always talks smack about cow milk, you all know who i'm talking about....

what is so wrong with it? my dad grew up on a farm and they'd drink it right from the cow (he was born in the 50s) and he's fine, so what's the big deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Gaill, where do you get this anemia stuff? I am required to offer milk at three snacks and three meals that are offered daily per child by the Federal Child and Adult Care Food Program. Two servings wouldn't begin to cut it. Then if you want to get down to it, when it comes to nutrition and a balanced meal, cheese is considered a protein. I can't even count that as dairy. That can be offered in addition to milk at every snack and meal.

I can't believe because a child eats it regularly they will become intollerant. If that was the case I would have become intolerant to chocolate a long time ago! :0)

Have a great day ladies!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ummm....Cow's milk is for baby cows not humans Duh
    Anonymous

• okay gaill why hide anon?
    Anonymous

• Go to milksucks.com while I am finding other info
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• omg here we go again...yeah i think it's gailll hiding anon too but i'm not hiding why are you anons?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• why google everything gaill? why not give real facts
    Anonymous

• I'm the first anon I post everything anon sorry you don't like it. Anyways Just like human produce milk for our offspring cows do to. Have you seen how big cows are? There milk to meant to help baby cows grow. I find it disgusting really.

They say we need cows milk I don't think so NEVER a need. Why not drink monkey milk or pig milk or any other animal for that matter.

There are other ways to get calcium and Vit D
    Anonymous

• I always buy the milk with no growth hormones in it, but I see NOTHING wrong with cow's milk!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Goats milk is universally acceptable to all beings.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The best reason for moms on cm is that it is easy to give your child too much milk products. A toddler is only supposed to have 2 servings of milk products a day. Kids like cheese, yogurt, ice cream, pizza, pudding, and many milk products. It is easy to go over that 2 serving max. limit. If a child eat too much milk can have problems with not eating the other foods they should eat, anemia, developing lactose intollerance, and other digestive problems.

Mammals are only supposed to drink the milk from their species. That's why you can't give plain cow's milk to a baby and have the baby survive, at least have all babies survive. Only young mammals drink milk.

Here are some articles about the problems with pasturization

http://eatingforenergy.ca/blog/143/milk-dairy-products-pasteurization/
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009