Do you think parents can tell that their child is homosexual in the toddler years?

When do you think homosexual tendencies become obvious? Do you think young kids show signs early on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• i think it's a choice but if people say they're born gay then i don't see why not
    Anonymous

• Actually gay people always said that they were born gay, but scientists recently discovered that that's NOT true...so now they're thinking of other things. I'm sure you're 2 yr old is not gay. This is ridiculous!!
    Anonymous

• I don't believe anyone is born gay, so no.
    Anonymous

• no
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who has 3 daughters and the middle one has always seemed more on the tomboyish side. She's 10 right now so I guess we'll see in a few years what direction she goes in :)
    Anonymous

• My son played with dolls and barbies and pushed a doll in a stroller and did lots of girls stuff.. his favorite color was pink.. he is 16 and very much heterosexual..
    when he was little people questioned me about him, but I just let him be himself and over time he just choosing different toys and let the pink go for green..

I don't think you can really know until your child tells you. They are the only one who truly knows the answer to that. Good luck.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't believe that people are born gay either. I do believe that there are hormonal imbalances and things that like that can happen to some people but for the most part I believe it is a choice.
    Anonymous

• OP....I do NOT, for the record, think either of my kids are gay. It was just something that popped into my head that I was curious about. I happen to think that some people ARE born gay and others are not. Actually I'm fairly certain that my 3 yr old son is probably not gay....he's quite fashion challenged...lol
    Anonymous

• Scientists proved that gay people are NOT born gay.
    Anonymous

• I like how all the 'you can't be born gay!' answers are anonymous. Thanks for your prejudice! "Scientists proved that gay people are NOT born gay." Hahahahahahaha.

No, I don't think you can tell, it's not going to be brought out until they start developing sexuality and attraction in general. Liking dolls or pink or whatever has nothing to do with homosexuality.
    Beichan

Answer by Beichan at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009