Fort Campbell?? Where to live?? so confused

Ok so i bet this is quite the repeat question. I cant figure out where i should live with my husband. Im in LA right now but trying to search places online and its confusing me. Ive heard clarksville is great and ive heard its horrible? Ive heard on post has crime?? huh i thought living on post would be safe? Please help me with any info bc im so confused. I would rather pay a little more and live in a bit smaller area so that i can be in a nice area. I wanna be able to go walk my dogs , be around other military young couples , so on? But of course i dont want my husband stuck in the car too long. Ive heard that around different exits theres nice areas but how do i search exits online, do those areas have names? So sorry for all the questions..Anything will help!!!

inkyliane

Asked by inkyliane at 2:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• ok right now the crime on post is elevated a little bit. people stealing and what not. but its not that bad. we have lived on post and off post. currently living on post. clarksville is a very nice area however, to find a nice house he is going to be traveling around 20-30 minutes to get to post.depending on traffic. however if you get with a realtor and tell her oyu are looking for a good place near post it is possible. im buying a house thats 3 miles away from post in a pretty good neighborehood.the wait list to get on post tho is kinda long so you will be stuck living off post for a bit. try findind an apartment done tiny town road. but try not to go past pembrook road. . .
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You will most likely feel safest in the Woodlawn, Sango, St. B, Dunbar Cave area of town. Looking at statistics don't tell the whole story because St. B has higher crime rates but that is because St. B is where the mall and businesses are located. So the crime from the businesses (shoplifting, fraud, etc) wraps into St.B's crime. I live in St.B and love it. The part of St. B where I live puts me pretty much 15 minutes from any part of town.
    Sango, is the wealthier side of town so you need deep pockets to live in that area. However this is also where all of the businesses are coming in at also.
    Woodlawn, is country. It is out in the county and is very close to post.
    Sango is (imo and I have in some way had ties to every school zone) the best school wise. I am happy with my kids school in St. B but not as happy as I was in Sango.
    A lot depends on your likes and budget.
    Email me if you want more info.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009