Do you use a fake tree or a real tree for Christmas?

When I put a tree up, I always buy a real one. I love the smell! Of course, it stays up til May but that's a different matter altogether....

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 2:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• Real but I get it down before rigor sets in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I love a real tree, but we have been using fake one's for the past couple of years, they both have their advantages.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Allergic to real, so it's fake and I have 2 that will go up...I am hoping for a 3rd, but I have a kitten who thinks trees are so much fun to play in... :O
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Real. My husband hates the mess it makes, but sucks for him, I refuse to get a fake one :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Real, fresh cut from the field, to our trunk, to home!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have to have fake cuz im allergic to the real. :P sucks cuz i love the smell as well.
    TripGirl

Answer by TripGirl at 3:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• artificial for us!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I want a real one so bad but DF says I'm not allowed.... he says I won't take care of it as far as watering and vac'ing up the needles every day (probably true). Fake for now.... maybe I can talk him into it by thanksgiving. I like the smell of it and the candles just aren't the same ( he said to use the fake and burn a pine candle for the smell LOL)
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Can't use a real one, cause I am super allergic. We tried a lil tiny one and I was sick from it and it was only like a foot tall. I prolly wouldn't anyway cause they are messy and I'm lazy but they are cool if you can handle it. I also like all the cool colors they make the fake ones in now. There is something nostalgic to be said for the real ones tho :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• This being our very first Christmas we're decorating, as we got a new home, we are opting for an artificial tree. It'll be easier to put it up and take down, and we don't have to shell out money every year for a new tree. I do love real trees, always had them growing up. However, I just feel it's better for us to have a fake one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009