What do I do with a 7 month old all day?

I'm a new stay at home mom, and I'm clueless. We play, practice crawling, practice sitting, but that doesn't last all day. Is there anything else I should be doing besides the obvious, changing & feeding?

the.deadly.mrs

Asked by the.deadly.mrs at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. just get down on the fllor with him. read to him also
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My 6 month old LOVES her Baby Enstein Actiity Exer-Saucer thingy - she will sit and play in that for 30 mins at a time. Sometimes I will put in an infant educational DVD (she already likes to look at the TV!)
    Oh if there is a mall close by pop the Bubbie in the stroller and go for a walk in the mall - climate controlled too!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• you mean he's not crying all day long like mine was haha.. enjoy it!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Put your baby in a sling, rebozo, or other carrier and do things you want to do. Go out. Join moms groups. Volunteer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my son is 6 months old, i feed him fruit & cereal for breakfast & dinner, he has a baby einstein jumper thing, he LOVES IT, hes got his swing, i put him on the floor on a blanket & pillow and we play with toys and roll over & things like that, i read him books & let him look at the pictures, i give him a bath every night & a lotion massage, and i try & take him out sometimes also.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2009