What is a good beef stew recipe? How long should it cook on the stove?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Hearty-Beef-Stew

Here's a good recipe, they also have a ton of other great recipes!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Get the already cut up stewed beef - much easier than cutting up a whole steak! Just add whatever veggies you like - potatoes, onions, celery, a can or two of stewed tomatoes, some Worstechire (sp??) sauce, and beef broth. Season with salt and pepper. Toward the end you may want to mix 1 TBSP cornstarch with COLD water, then mix in with your broth so it'll thicken up.
    Easy peasy!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I brown cut up beef in a big stock pot. The I add a little water, carrots, onion, and beef base. And salt and pepper to taste. Cook until veggies are soft and then serve over mashed potatoes. The potatoes thicken it right up and I like it better then chopped up potatoes...
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 4:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I brown my beef with a light coating of flour. Then put it on the bottom of my crockpot, add slices of carrots, onion, celery, and lots of potatos. Add water and one pack of the beef stew seasonings and let it cook on low for 6 hours. I either cook noodles or occassionally rice to go with it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009