this has been eating me up inside

k so i always hear some bf moms that formula feeding moms are lazy cuz they didnt wnat to nurse, then i also hear them say that they dint formula feed cuz they were to lazy to make a bottle. am confused? the way i see it no mom is lazy we all choose how to feed our babies breast or bottle. what about moms who only pump. am one of them i been pumping for 8 mts every 4 hrs so am i lazy? cuz i dont think i am

piwife

Asked by piwife at 2:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thank you piwife! I'm def. not a lazy mom at all, I do everything for my daughter and she keeps me busy 24-7! I did BF for 6 weeks and pumped, but my milk quit coming in and started drying up, so I had to go to formula, and I chose soy, but as long as our babies are fed and healthy it doesn't matter how they eat as long as they aren't starving! ANd just b/c you BF it doesn't make you a better parent at all. :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm sure there are bf'ing moms who are too lazy to make bottles and formula moms who are too lazy to nurse. There are lazy moms who make decisions based on their laziness and other moms who don't.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• When I said you in the last sentence I was refereing to all the moms who BF and think they are God's gift to earth. Not you Piwife.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Moms who pump every 4 hours are not lazy! They have it the worst of anyone! I don't know how you do it, pumping sucks. Get it:)

Have you tried putting your baby back to your breast. Sometimes problems you had earlier no longer exist and you put the baby close and pop the baby will nurse! You may be able to work with a LLL Leader or lactation counsultant and get the baby breastfeeding.

I don't think breastfeeding moms say bottle feeding moms are lazy. I think breastfeeding moms say we are lazy! One of the top 10 reasons to breastfeed.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• please get over your insecurities about your feeding choices. if the baby gets species specific milk, thats wonderful. yay! good for you... if not, then i feel sorry for her. but could you please, please, please, please, please (can you see a pattern here?), please, please just stop whining about it?

BF vs FF the epic battle between right and wrong... here we go again, and i will eventually say something not so nice... *sigh* its just been one of those days, i have a feeling i am about to become very blunt with people.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Have you tried putting your baby back to your breast. Sometimes problems you had earlier no longer exist and you put the baby close and pop the baby will nurse! You may be able to work with a LLL Leader or lactation counsultant and get the baby breastfeeding.

yes i had and lccome. he used to latch on with a nipple shield and once she came all went to hell. my ds wont even look at my boobs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• please get over your insecurities about your feeding choices
    I DONT HAVE ANY!! I FF MY FIRST AND I PUMP BM FOR MY SECOND!! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHY SOME BREASTFEDING MOMS CALL FF MOMS LAZY BUT THEN CALL THEMSLEVES LAZY!! READ THE DAMM QUESTION
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I pumped exclusively for 7 months also...had to stop because of medication I had to go on...
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• ObbyDobbie
    please get over your insecurities about your feeding choices. if the baby gets species specific milk, thats wonderful. yay! good for you... if not, then i feel sorry for her. but could you please, please, please, please, please (can you see a pattern here?), please, please just stop whining about it?

Your holier than thou attitude is rather annoying...you need to get over yourself! Go ahead and get blunt, I can do it too!
    Anonymous

• I pumped exclusively for 7 months also...had to stop because of medication I had to go on... oh that sucks. what medication wa sit? my goal is 1 yr just 4 mts to go!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009