are your kids getting the swine flu vaccine?

i'm a little concerned about the new vaccine, simply because it's so new and it's production has been so rushed. i'm not convinced they've run adequate clinical trials, but then again i haven't done any research. i just don't want my kids to develop any harmful side effects somewhere down the road in the future. what are your thoughts? am i being overly-cautious or not cautious enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• i have done a lot of research, i suggest you do it for yourself, but in summary that vax has only been tested for ONE MONTH! one month! also swine flu is not as contagious as the regular flu. most people who get swine flu have a fever of over 101 for around 4 days... if you think about that happening in mexico in the summer, it is much more deadly than in ohio in the winter... i have also heard they have found there is 2 strains of the disease and the one in the north of the country is weaker. the vax has mercury. the only reason a vax would need mercury is to make more money on it, being able to sit on the shelves longer, but most of the clinics giving the h1n1 are FREE.... and they cannot keep it on the shelves.... all seems shady and not good enough to shoot into my child.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• nope.

thought about it for my youngest but it doesn't react well with her medications - talked for hours with the drs abuot that one.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No, we are not getting this shot. It's not safe and it's effectivness is unknown. The fact that no can be sued if there are adverse effects says something right there.
    Anonymous

• I got it done 2 weeks ago for my 3.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Nope. The vaccine is too new. They don't know any long term affects.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No way! Its way too new!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No, I'm not convinced the swine flu is as bad as obama & the dems would want us to believe & I'm not convinced it's as safe as they would like us to believe. I really think it's all hype as part of their agenda to get everyone dependent on them for everything.
    Anonymous

• No. Youre basically going to be giving your children a mild form of the actual disease. That's all a vacc is. They do it to introduce the disease to the body so that you can build up the immune for it. And my mil (who is a nurse) told me theres mercury in it. And thats a poison. I wouldnt let a swine flu vacc get within 10 ft of my son. And I'm already really pissed that theyre telling my grandmother that she HAS to get it. But anyway... swine flu is just the new mad cow and all the other crazy diseases they come up with every year. Ugh
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No. Like many of the other ladies, I feel that it's too new, and not enough research has been done to determine possible problems. We are practicing common sense and using sanitizer, frequent hand washing, and proper covering of sneezes and coughs.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My 3 year old, my 18 month old, and myself (8 months pregnant) all got the H1N1 vaccine a week and a half ago. None of us had any side effects at all.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009