How long after you lost your mucus plug did you give birth?

Today I noticed a clear mucus discharge after I peed... I asked on here and they said it may be my plug. So I called my Doc office and the nurse said it was my mucus plug and if I start having contraction or pelvic pain to go to the Hospital. Im 34 weeks but im measuring 36. Also I believe my Due date to be wrong. My First due date was Dec 10, which matched up to my last period. After changing it like 4 times its Dec 26th now. I believe the 10th to be the correct date which means Im farther along than 34 weeks anyway. So after you lost your plug how long did it take for you to have your baby? Could the mucusy discharge be something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It was the same day for me - I started having contractions the day before.
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks. I was so excited when I lost my mucus plug but I was sorely mistaken because I ended up being 6 days over due
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug in the beginning of Feb...didn't give birth until the end of Feb....and I was induced....losing your plug only means your body is getting ready for childbirth, it's not a good indicator in WHEN it'll happen.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well i lost my mucus plug around 40.5 weeks so i only had so many days ... teehee. i had my son 3 days after i started losing bits of mucus. :) from what you have said, i think you will be fine. you could go into labor in a week, or in a month, but hopefully baby will be ready. =)
    Anonymous

• I was induced 6 1/2 weeks after I lost my plug with my DD. I started to lose my plug at 29 weeks 6 days with this one so it better be a long time before I have him!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• For me it was 4-5 days after I lost it then I went into labor.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• 2 hours after i lost mine i went into full labor and had my daughter 11 hours later. I never noticed if i lost it with my son.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It was a whole 7 weeks for me!!! I lost my plug and was 2cm dilated at 32 weeks, they were able to stop the contractions, thank god, and he stayed in there until 39 and was a whoping 8lbs 2oz! Good luck!
    babz687

Answer by babz687 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2009