Disappointed-ish

Today I went and got an ultrasound done at 16 weeks 5 days, it was a gift for my Fiance to find out what the gender is. Well 30 minutes later they thought it is a girl. I have the pictures and was suppose to get the DVD but it doesn't work. The baby was being stubborn, the legs were crossed, the cord was between it's legs, and her hand was there also, so it was difficult. But they think 90% it's a little girl. Has any of you had an experience like this?

ZammiesMommy

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 3:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No but when I was prego my friend told me that her sister had been told she was having a girl all along and when the baby was born it was a boy. So call up your doctor and schedule another ultrasound ASAP so you can know for sure!
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 3:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You usually cant find out 100% what the sex is until 20 weeks
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• oh....so so Sorry .. I thought you had to wait til 20 weeks?? No I didn't have that happen, my son was showing his stuff off every time.. but I would be so disappointed just like you, just to wait and have it be a guess almost...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yes and it was a girl:) and drs1206 the only way u can find out 100% is when the baby is born!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i think it's fairly common. my son was kind of in a weird position too, and they said they were pretty sure they saw scrotum, and said they were about 95% sure he was a boy. :) someone i know had an ultrasound around 20 weeks, and they couldn't tell at all because of the baby's position. she has complications, so she had another ultrasound a few weeks later, and it's a girl! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my kids were not shy at all. its like they knew what we were looking for and they would put there junk like right up to the scoop and spread eagle.
    i only hope this next baby does the same. we shall find out in about 9 weeks.
    : )
    but yes it is common for babies to be shy!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm 34-35 weeks, and yes the same exact thing happened to us! She had her butt up but you couldn't see the sex parts b/c legs were closed and she was asleep by this point and the radiologist was a student and didn't know what she was doing. They said it was a girl, so I just had another sonogram and it is a girl!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thank you all, makes me feel better. I have another confirmation ultrasound a week from today so cross my fingers. But now if they tell me its not a girl, i have a feeling I will be let down cause now I say she all the time lol. Either way I am excited, just IMPATIENT lol. Thanks again!
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 1:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009