my water broke for my first...so is it likely to do the same for the second?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• great question! i wonder this myself, because my water broke, and then an hour later i was in active labor. i'm guessing that this labor will be totally different though, just to throw me off a bit ;) so my guess is that it's not true, that you are just as likely as another woman for your water to break before, during, or after labor. hope someone else has a better answer for us both. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my water broke with my first, and i didn't have any contractions until i got to the hospital. i was waiting for my water to break with my second and came rushing into labor and delivery every time she stomped on my bladder. but she ended up arriving after hours of contractions, only then did i decide to go to the hospital (unconvinced it was the real thing). the doctor had to break my water for me. so every labor experience is different.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• For most women, the water sac will rupture at some point in labor or maybe prior. Occasionally, it doesn't break at all (caul) which is great for the baby! ;-)
    Because it's normal for the sac to rupture at some point before baby is out, yes, you most likely will have your water break.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009