Did walking help you go into labor? if so how long did you walk?

HELP I WANT MY BABY TO COME

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I was walking/shopping with family at the mall when I started having contractions. But if you walk don't overdue it. Your baby will come when its ready AND you'll want to be well rested. You'll need all the energy you can get for labor.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• lol yes it helped for me. we live at fort campbell, ky. and my husband and i walked up and down the hills on a pt trail. for about an hr.not too fast but not slow. when i got home i did squats and walked up and down the stairs of our apartment. did a little walking around the block.
    (however! i had been taking short walks for like a week for all this)

i went into labor and had my baby the next day.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• one thing that really really really works if you can do it is sex!
    just a thought
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• walking doesnt make you go into labor, it progresses your labor. the only thing that will make you go into labor is you lo being ready, or being induced:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• im about to do the same.....i also wanna try acupressure
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well i walked about 3 miles per day just as part of my daily lift walking to class then back to my office. i had my son at 41 weeks, and on a monday, which was after a weekend of not walking ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• daily life*, walking to class...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• nope not even a little! I had a trail right behind my house and would walk and walk...I never got effaced or dialated 1% You can do things that will help a tiny bit if you were already just about to go into labor, but none of that stuff works unless the baby is ready. You're just going to stress yourself out- and you'll be wondering why you were in such a hurry very soon! Take the time to do something nice for youself that you won't get a chance to do for another year- like get your nails done or a massage or take a long bath or see a movie with your husband. it'll take your mind off things and you'll have a final memory prebaby
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It definitely helped me. I was shopping with my mom all day - walking a lot. My legs were hurting. That night my water broke. It was 1 week early.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• walking didnt work for me...I went to the hospital with contractions but not enough to stay, there is a lake across from the hospital that me and dh walked about for 2 hours @ 1am--haha...he was soo not happy---ended up having my dd a few days later.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009