2 cm dilated....What can I do to start labor!!!!

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nothing. it will happen naturally. :) you can have sex, go for a walk, eat spicy foods, but i really think it will just happen when baby is ready. sometimes you can be dialated like that for weeks or even months. :) gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Walk, you don't want to harm you or the baby by doing soemthing else. Plus when it's time it's time, the baby is still in the oven roasting you know!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Lol theres absolutely NOTHING you can do to make yourself to go into labor. I tried! You have to let the baby come out when he/she is ready and not a moment sooner. But they say walking and sex help. I don't think it really does much but knock yourself out!! ;-)
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 3:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• you could be 2cm for weeks. It really doesn't mean anything. I was 0 until the moment my water broke. You can try a bunch of stuff but it won't work unless you were probably within a day of going into labor. just don't stress yourself out and enjoy your final days. buy something for the baby or go out with your spouse
    Anonymous

• Drink water, eat well, rest. Walking and sex are known to coax labor some..
    Why do you feel you need to start it?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i was 2 for a month ugg it is aggervating but enjoy the quiet time while u can lol get lots of sleep now haha
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• LOL, there are things that you can do to help naturally help progress labor. Walking is a great way. Also, spicy foods are famous for helping it along. When I was 2 cm, I went walking and ate spicy food and the next day I was in full labor! Try it, I think it will help!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 3:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• omg ...me too im 2cm and 70% effaced...i wish she would come already..but both my other children had to be induced because i went over the dates...one by 2 weeks and one by 1 week
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Answered at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 by:
    * guitarmom101
    omg ...me too im 2cm and 70% effaced...i wish she would come already..but both my other children had to be induced because i went over the dates...one by 2 weeks and one by 1 week

sounds like your little ones just take a bit longer to gestate. :) totally normal.
    Anonymous

• nothing. how far along r u? if your babyisnt readynothing wil work. unlessis breaking your water and pitocin. i was 4 cm for 10 wks before i had dd and 2cm for 5 wks before i had ds
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009