How many people actually believed this?

I read an article recently about Walt Disney refunding money to families who purchased "Baby Einstein" because it did not make their children smarter. Did anyone actually think that a cartoon was going to increase the intelligence levels in a child?!?

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 3:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hahahahahhahaha. I did not hear about this and I doubt its true. But that sure is funny. Actually my mil was telling my dh that our son should only have leap frog toys so that he can know all his abcs and colors by now... he's not even two yet. Silly people!!
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 3:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I've seen mothers swear by those programs, so I'm guessing some really believed it. It made them feel justified in using the electronic babysitter.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Says a lot about the parents...I haven't heard about it but it wouldn't suprise me...people are amazing.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I heard about the recall, it was all over the internet. I did find it funny, however, that there are some parents who are mad because dvds didn't make their children geniuses!

Anonymous

• Never heard about this..but not surprising..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• All the hype over baby einstein came out when there was a study done that found out that classical music stimulates the brain. As usual people ran with it and suddenly everyone was saying that classical music will make a baby smarter. Everyone just really needs to stop believing what you are told and research it for yourself.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes I heard about it apparently some people thought that parents were "robbed"
    But Im sorry if you were an idiot and thought TV was going to make your child smart then I dont thinkthey should give your money back for you being stupid.
    Anonymous

• This is why I am SO glad my kids grew up watching PBS!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• They are cute and I watched some of them with my granddaughter. (Baby Van Gogh was terrific) But I didn't think they would make her a genius. They do result in kids learning to concentrate. Her attention span was amazing. She was transfixed and she started saying words as a result . It is harmless and entertaining.
    I can't believe parents object and expect their kids to become brilliant because of the videos. EVERYONE seems to be addicted to complainng and wanting to find an excuse to sue. I can't believe that DISNEY actually caved in ....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• But how do the parents know for certain that the Baby Einstein videos did NOT improve their child's intelligence?! Maybe their children ARE more intelligent because they watched/listened to the videos?!?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009