Heeellllpppp!

Ahhhh!

I have a job interview in a few days for a receptionist at a salon/spa. The place is pretty fancy. I am excited, but have no clue what to wear! Been home with kids for 5 years, try to stay in touch with fashion, but you ladies probably know how it is! Don't think jeans will suffice, lol.

I welcome any advice. I love the idea of my black pants with a white pinstripe with a black cashmere sweater, but the employees wear all black, so I don't know what the interviewers would think....

Any advice. Don't mind shopping for something new, but I only have a few days to pull something together. Thanks!

mamabear0025

Asked by mamabear0025 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well if youre wanting to go shopping JCPenney's line B Wear is fabulous!!! Thats where I shop for my business clothes! But even Walmart will have something you need in their George line.
    But if you already have black pinstriped pants those will be perfect then maybe not the black sweater with it but a button up colored shirt or something white... look fresh and sophistocated! :) GL I hope you get the job! Oh and dont forget heels... Shoes are what make the outift! Light makeup (something natural but definitely some mascara) and a nice necklace and earrings!
    Dont stress about what youre wearing too much! Have fun with it, relax and SMILE!
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 3:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The ladies over here where jeans all the time..their dark jeans tho.
    I think it looks cute.
    so far what you say you have (black with the white pin strip) sounds way cute.

best thing to wear i would say is some thing classy, take a look at some magazines.
    TripGirl

Answer by TripGirl at 3:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I think what you mentioned sounds about right. I was going to say black pants with heels. I dont think you need to be in all black, black and white look good together!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would go with the black pants and cashmere, or a nice skirt with some cute peep toe heels. When i worked at Macys Herald square, i was loving the whole fashion thing...but then those palazzo pants were so in style with the chunky wedge heals....lol.....peep toes are soo in now i would say...thats all we sold here in macys fl......you can't really go wrong with nice black feminine attire
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would suggest nice black pants - nothing stretchy or mostly polyester - that fit you perfectly, a crisp white button down shirt w/ your black cashmere sweater would be nice. Add a bold color flat shoe, or bold jewelry. In a spa/salon, you want to look fashion forward.

What I cannot stress to you the most is wear something that fits you like a glove. Tight or loose fitting clothing comes off as sloppy, as well as wrinkly or cheap looking clothes (hence the poly warning above!).

I LOVE Cato's. Everything is insanely reasonable, and very appropriate for a professional women. Even their junior's section is pretty sophisticated. You can walk in a store, and come out with an entire outfit for under $40 - jewelry, shoes, pants, shirt. Even underwear! lol

Also, make sure you're not showing cleavage! Very unprofessional.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Just go to White House Black Market. All of my work clothes come from there and honestly the sale rack prices are often better than Target prices!
    Anonymous

• my daughter is a hair dresser and they cant be seen in jeans not even on there off days when she can use the salon to do famiy hair....the receptionist all also wear black.a little fancy.her salon got 2 place in bostons best mag....they can be funky like there are girls with lip rings and full sleeves(tatoos).as long as you dress right that is what matters.so black slacks and even the pin stripe shirt sounds good....a little gel in the hair and your rockin...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009