anyone live in Florida??

I am going to tampa in Feb and want to surprise my husband by flying to the bahamas to the atlantis resort. (It's where we spent our honeymoon) We are only in florida for a short period. I want to go to the bahamas just for the day, not stay over. Are there cheap flights, has anyone done this?

sue118

Asked by sue118 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Travel

• i dont live in florida anymore, but i lived in tampa for 2 years. i moved back to ny from tampa 2 yrs ago. i have went to the bahamas from florida, i left from ft. lauderdale - took a cruise. where are you looking for flights to? the bahamas or florida? check jetblue.com - and if you have any questions about tampa, let me know!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP here....Where you able to do a cruise in one day? We really only have the day to spend in the bahamas. We are looking to fly from Florida to the bahamas round trip in one day. What was the cruise you took, how long was it and about how much was it? Thanks for your help.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• There are small airports in many towns that offer quick trips back and forth to the Bahamas. I don't live in Tampa, but near Daytona. My friend used to work at one of those small company's that do this. Basically you tell them where you want to go and set it all up with them. I do believe that you have to have a passport though, I know that they have to do Custom's paperwork and all.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2009