Anyone know how to interpret dreams?

I had a dream last night about my grandma that just passed away last month from cancer. I was sitting at the end of a table at a party and an old woman was standing next to me with her back turned to me. She dropped her purse and so i got up and went to help her put everything back and i looked up and it was my grandma. I started to cry and was telling her that i was sorry that i never went to visit her when i went down to her town (i live in another state) she called me the name she always called me when i was little and then she looked at me and had one green eye and one brown..... this is the part that i am confused about. It was like she was trying to show me her eyes and tell me something about them....then i woke up. Does anyone know about the eyes? What that could mean? It was such a real dream, creepy and sad at the same time. A part of me believes that it was really her in my dream.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• not sure. I had a dream that about one of my grandfathers.. i thought he was trying to tell me my grandma past away. (he is in heaven) I was balling and called her to check on her. She was fine... confused on why i called so early. I never told her about the dream or why i called... I did not want to upset her. It was weird tho. It was months later that my other grandfather past away. and a month after that I found out I was preg. I think its all weird to me.. and they tell us something but I have no idea what they all mean. It could just mean a change is near. ?
    Anonymous

• I really like the book In Your Dreams by Gayle Delaney (possibly at your library). One time in meditation my grandfather showed up. I carried alot of guilt about not seeing him when I knew he was dying, but I was a mess emotionally then in a major depression. In my meditation my grandfather said it was ok that we didn't see each other at that time-since he was unable to do alot from a stroke and he felt less of a man-he said it's better that we didn't see each other as he didn't want me to remember him that way. He also gave me advice about several situations in my life. And told me how I could reconnect with him in meditation. I KNOW it was really him because he told me something about his past I never knew - not even close - and verified this with my grandmother (had to do with a job he had I never knew about). That brought me alot of peace. Try a meditative journey with the intent of talking with her... ??
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I dreamed about my grandmother for years after she passed away. I suspect that you dreamed about yours because you miss her and she is on your mind. About the eyes- think through events the day or days before the dream. Was there a TV program, for example, or a person in a store, whose eyes you noticed. It wouldn't even have to be different colors, just something drew your attention to them- they matched the person's outfit, for example, and you thought what pretty green eyes, something like this. I think this is why the eyes in your dream. And the eyes seemed unfamiliar and startling because you feel sad that you didn't visit her more often, so in your dream she is a bit unfamiliar, even though you loved her. Pray about your feelings of remorse so that you can feel peace about it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I view this as a comforting dream. She came to tell you that she's okay and to give you hope.

Green symbolizes life, renewel and change. Brown symbolizes death, sickness and murkiness. Through her death, there will be new life. Now, whether this means someone in your family will be having a child, or something great and wonderful will be happening because of her death like family coming together that have lost touch in the past in a new-found love for one another, I'm not sure.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009