Did anyone hemorraghe with their second child?

With my first I was 10 mintues from an emergency histormey(sp?) I was just wondering who else. And how can I calm my DH down he's so worried I'm gonna die. Its sweet cause he loves me but its SO annoying!!! Any advice would be great!!!

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are lots of things that can make the risks of hemmorhage worse. Having low iron, having high blood pressure, having a bad diet, pitocin use, cord traction (where they pull the placenta out of you instead of letting it come on it's own), having a very long labor (which can be caused by a lot of things including induction and epidural use) etc. Do your research and do your best to minimize your risk.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No, only my first. But I spent a lot of time getting better informed to avoid unnecessary interventions, reducing my risks.

What happened with your first?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well with my second one I had a lot of blood loss, my placenta broke into pieces and was holding my cervix open, so I almost died. She almost died as well because her cord was around her neck twice. Just reassure him that everything will be fine. Tell him that if you werent ment to have more kids, than you would have ended up with that hysterectomy, and you didnt so another kid was in your cards from the start.

canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Really I don't know what happen. My doctor was an idiot & just told me it wasn't contracting & I was gonna bleed to death if something didn't happen quick. I believe I had high blood pressure but no one confirmed it. My son was 8lbs even n 21 inches long. So now I have a new doctor and I told her everything we're keeping a close eye on things. she said it was probably because he was a big baby.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• hmmm. Even for a petite mom, 8 is average, not "big"...
    If "something didn't happen quick" did you doctor pull on the umbilical cord while still attached to you, perhaps?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• #2 my placenta broke apart - dr thought he got it all. but i ended up going into shock and back in ER for an emergency d&c.

talk to the dr and make sure they know everything about your first experience. if its still the same hospital or dr they will have records of the entire labour and delivery
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009