PLEASE tell me what you did as far as activities with your 14 month old!! NOTHING is entertaining enough for her.

I have tried everthing..she even has cell phones (that don't work) that she can play with...she won't even sit still in her stroller long enough to look through a store. She only wants to get down and explore things. I don't sit in the house for a long time with her b/c we both go stir crazy, but it seems she is never content...is this a stage?? She throws her food on the floor (and yes, I do things such as tell her no, feed her one bite at a time, etc...) Im doing the obvious, so please don't ask me if Im doing those things. But Im curious, how was your 14 month old and what sorts of things did you do with them? thanks :)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 3:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used the box that DF's xbox360 came in and covered it with paper and we colored on it together. It is the art box, when we were done he helped pick up the crayons and throw them in the box like basket ball.

OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My son is 15 months and is the same way. Short attention span. Throws food on the floor and asks for more. It is part of the age. He loves to be outside so we take walks and go to a playground, for now. We are in Alabama, but next week will be in Pennsylvania and winter is coming...so....
    But they just go a mile a minute. Maybe start doing the typical baby songs and acting them out. I have them all on cd. But could start to do I'm a Little Tea Pot, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head shoulders knees and toes... Those kind of things. Get her on a schedule if you aren't on some kind of one. Like after breakfast do these songs every day. After lunch my son watches a Your Baby Can Read video, he watches some and plays some but it's part of the schedule and nap is directly after. Consistency helps!! Good luck
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well, my son is so so so so busy and always have been so we think of inside things and outside things.. make forts out of pillows, race cars and make tracks out of cardboard, run is a game he likes from one wall to the other, color on paper, put uncooked rice in a container and let her pour the rice in and out of cups, play in the leaves, go to the park, read books, look through photo albums, playdough, make buildings with blocks and knock them down and do that again forever, he liked to go up and down the stairs at that age
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have a 14 mo grandson. He likes to go for walks outside. I herd him away from the street. He likes to touch a lot of things like different kinds of dirt and plants.

He is a big hit at the grocery store. He waves great and everyone talks to him. When he tries to get up we tell him, "too big to carry" and he sits back down. He has a cart pillow thing and he likes to play with the belt. We give him food to hold and of course drop on the floor.

We let him eat walking around. I save leftovers of lots of different things. He loved bison tacos and chicken cordon bleu. My son works in an organic grocery and we have kind of upscale stuff that is on clearance. I make sweet potato.

He loves James Blunt on YouTube. He always has to do that. Sometimes it puts him to sleep. When he was little that was how I would get him to nap - James Blunt.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It'll drive you nuts at first, but get her some percussion-type instruments. You can teach her basic rhythms on drums, tambourine, shakers, etc. Put on some tunes to move to, and have some bop around time. If you do it right, she'll also get tired. BIG plus!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 4:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Going along with the percussion instruments-try your own pots and pans. The cardboard box idea was good too. My little one used to just have fun putting toys and things that she discovered into the box just to pour it back out again. My kid had a blast with that. I'm big on just finding things around the house to use as toys. Try putting her in the laundry basket and pushing her around. She'll grow out of this stage soon enough and you'll be wishing to go back in time.
    kikas01kt

Answer by kikas01kt at 6:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009