is this normal anxiety or what??

I have been diagnosed with anxiety before i found out i was pregnant the 2nd time. they prescribed me xanax. when i found out i was pregnant i stopped taking them, my anxiety is so bad. this is my biggest fear and this is what brings on a anxiety attack, im afraid im goin to lose my mind and not know where i am or who anyone is. we just recently moved to a new town and i cant stand to be home alone so when my DH gets up to go to work i get up clean and go to his parents shop. My daughter which is 14 months old does NOT sleep through the night which is making me sleep deprived which i think is making the anxiety worst. is this normal for me to fear this or what should i do?? I am 18 weeks pregnant

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• Oh God, i remember feeling that way...if your really worried about tit you should ask your ob/doc, for a safe med you can take during this pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• It's normal for kids to not sleep through the night until they are 3.

Since you have been diagnosed with anxiety you are probably having more anxiety than normal. There are non-drug things you can do to help with anxiety. Here is a website that might help.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=42276

You are living in a new city and it may help to have a good map in the car and always have a cell phone. If you can afford it something like a TomTom may help or have something like that on your phone. Pregnant women can have trouble with getting lost.

I have had problems with anxiety off and on in my life. Meditation helps me a lot.

Best wishes.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• your also very sleep deprived like i was, and you just need support. I know your in a new place, and that makes it harder. Make some friends, try to go out alittle if possible, go for walks...and definatly ask doc. what you can do to calm yourself. there are meds, and herbs out there you can safely take
    Anonymous

• Ask your doctor to refer you to a therapist. Taking these meds without therapy is like taking painkillers for a broken leg without getting a cast.

Also, go to your local library and pick up a copy of No More Panic by Claire Weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2009