is there anybody out there that has a hubby with bipolar

I am having trouble dealing with a loved one with bipolar and need advice

khelp

Asked by khelp at 3:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband has bipolar. There are good days and there are bad days. I am not really sure what you want to know about it, but you can pm me with any questions you may have.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yes my fiance does and wen he gets in his moods it sux! it sounds nice 2 hear someone else copin wit it 2. im here 2.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah. It's a fun ride, eh? There is a FANTASTIC group of women in our shoes... "Bipolar Spouses."

HIS mental illness almost drove ME to the brink... I got counseling and it helped AND it helped him too... I learned how to be aware of his triggers (as well as mine). Often addiction is associated... frankly if it is and he can get into a program it might be better than meds... to learn to live as who he is if possible.

You have to let him manage his illness and take care of yourself. A counselor friend of mine recommended The Bipolar Handbook.

Join the group. You will not feel so alone and lost, I promise.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My brother has bipolar and it was soooo hard to deal with growing up. My mother had us all in counseling when I turned 16, he was 12, two years after his diagnosis and it did make a huge difference for all of us. I haven't lived with him since I was 19 so I'm not fresh with how to deal with it, but at the time counseling made a world of a difference for all of us.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009