your experience w/ depo shot

ok well i just got off the depo shot about a month ago. Yet me and my husband want to get pregnant w/ our third. We have started to try about a week ago and within my 2nd week of being off depo i started spotting bright red with dizzyness, cramps and ovarian pain. While on depo I had brown spotting every month. I was only on depo for 6 months tho.. i know everyone is different after they get off the shot but has anyone had any luck getting pregnant faster if you were brown spotting the once a month while on the depo... sorry so long.

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 3:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well 4 me it was hard 2 tell i didnt have a period while on it afterwards had an irregular one. i got pregnant 8mths after i got off but might be way sooner or longer depends on your body. i was on it 4 2yrs.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I was on Depo for 5 years faithfully and when I stopped this last time I stopped in January, I was told it would be a month to a month and a half to go back regular. I found out i was 5 weeks pregnant on April 1st. So not long for me at all. However after I had her I had an injection before I left the hospital and didnt stop bleeding for 10 months. So i stopped with the depo at that point.
    All women are different though, I have heard it can take up to a year to be regular again.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I know of someone that never spotted or menstruated after the shot and got pregnant. :) Hope this helps.
    xDoomsDayAngelx

Answer by xDoomsDayAngelx at 6:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My doc had me go off of it 6 months before I wanted to get pregnant and go on the pill for 3 months to help my body get back in the groove again. I was pregnant before I hit the 6 month mark
    Anonymous