6 weeks post partum, havent gotten my period yet, when can i test??

so i know, it ws stupid to have sex, i shoulda wait, yadda,yadda,yadda, BUT the thing is, we didnt! so now we are here! i went to the dr.'s office today for my checkup but they didnt test me there...the day after me and DH had sex i got this thick clear mucus (was like glue, i put it on my finger and it stuck and stretched) for a few days then it went away...that was about a week and a half ago. Now, yesterday i got that clear THICK mucus stuff again...jsut as sticky and everything...i have not regained my period back, and im bottle feeding, so idk when i can test! I thought that sticky stuff was ovulation, BUT it did it twice...and these past few days ive been feeling kind of crampy, so idk what to think of this! I bought a test but should i take it today??? oh and its been 12 days since we DTD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It can take quite a while for the hCG levels to go back down, but at 6 weeks you should be able to test, and only get a positive if you are pregnant again.

Good luck! You'll know to use condoms next time lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• u might b starting ur period it took me 8 weeks after i had my son but if u want go ahead and take a test like the pp said its been long enough. good luck hope it ends well
    deanna89

Answer by deanna89 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009