Anyone make Beef Ceviche?

I saw it on Dinner Impossible the other night, and I want to make it for my husband. I can't find anything specific on Google. Do I just use the same ingredients as shrimp ceviche, but add beef? I do not want to make it a Japanese ceviche, either.

Thanks!

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 4:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Olive Oil 1/4 cup
    Beef Tenderloin in one piece, 4 1/2 lbs

In sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Sear beef, turning to brown evenly. Cool; freeze about 2 hours or until very firm but not frozen solid. Slice beef crosswise into very thin rounds. Lay slices on sheet pan lined with plastic wrap; refrigerate, covered.

Alt:Method for Beef Ceviche:

Combine beef & lime juice and let “cook” for 5 minutes. Drain lime juice.

The use combined with a regular ceviche recipe
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ceviche is usually "raw" fish "cooked" in citrus. Raw beef would be called Carpachio. Chef Robert makes up a lot of his dishes. I just finished watching his show.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would avoid raw meat unless you know exactly what the cow ate and how it was handled.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Thanks for the advice, ladies. I went ahead last night and put everything together, as if I were making shrimp ceviche, but added very thin slice of flank steak instead. It has now been 15 hours, and the meat is looking pretty good. I think by the 24 hour mark, it will be fully cooked and ready to eat.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2009