Can anyone give me tips on getting the tooth out from under my son's pillow without waking him up?

My son lost his first tooth today! I am terrified that I am going to wake him up? Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I put ours in a ziplok bag and tuck it under the mattress with a little hanging out. I then just slide the money under his pillow. The moneys easier to put under than trying to find a tiny tooth..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Lol, it's so easy...tiptoe in the room and crouch down beside the head of the bed. put your fairy money between two fingers. Slowly and gently slide your hand under the pillow, keeping it parallel to the mattress. Deposit the cash, then locate the tooth. When you feel the tooth, grasp it gently between two fingers and slide it back out. I find that for me it was best to crawl back out of the room.

Good luck!

PS. What's the going rate for a tooth these days, anyway?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Awww!

I used to have a small star shaped pillow with a pocket in the back for the tooth and left that under my pillow. I'm sure it made it easier for my mom to get it out. I don't know if they still sell things like that, or maybe they've gotten even more creative. Maybe you could try searching walmart or some place online and if they have something you could take him and let him pick it out.
    Anonymous

• We give a dollar/tooth
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• we always put our teeth in a glass by the window lol so apparently my mom didnt have to worry about it. i like the idea personally lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• we put tooth in a small glass of water on teh side table. then the tooth fairy changes the colour of the water when she takes the tooth.

:)

so much easier than having to do the pillow thing. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I had a tooth pillow with a pocket that I put my teeth in. I slept with it next to my pillow.
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We did the tooth in a baggie a couple weeks ago. We taped it to the side of the bed when he went to bed. Then later, brought the money in a different baggie & just switched them. It worked great. With our 2 older kids (25 & 18), we had them put it under the pillow & I remember waking them up several times trying to find it. We also used a little tooth pillow & that didn't work as well as the baggie either. I think for our 3 & 4 yr old, we'll stick with the baggie method.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I had this little tooth bag it was knitted and pink and had a big happy tooth on it. I would put my tooth in there. Must have been easy because my grandma could find it since it was bulky and then grab the tooth out of it and stuff the money in. Also ask your parents how they did it if you can!
    Dgurl

Answer by Dgurl at 7:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009